Opening day cometh! We are now 7 days away! It's the Final Countdown! (You are encouraged to listen in another tab while you read on.)
First, for the short attention spans (*cough* Brennan)...
- WHEN: 6:30(5/27)
- WHERE: FIELD 2 (GRASS)
- WHO: WHERE MY PITCHES AT (Texas Orange... ewwww)
- REFS: BLUE STEEL
- Note: We will ref the 7:15 game on Field 2 between Blue Steel and Ballstars 4.0
- Please let me know if you can or cannot make it!
- Please remember to bring $8 (in cash, please) for socks and the iron-ons.
- Remember, also, to bring a red shirt you can wear to the bar OTHER than your WAKA shirt, since that will be coming back with Amanda and I to be washed and ironed-on!
Now, ladies and gentlemen, if you'll indulge me, I'd just like to share a few thoughts...
I've got a good feeling about this season. With all the trials and tribulations the team has been through already -- before a ball has even been kicked -- due to registration issues, communication problems and the Red Sox and Revolution's rocky starts, I think we've been tempered in the fires of a hellish early Spring.
We've had our training montage. We've climbed our Russian mountain (in the snow). We've sanded a Japanese veteran's entire backyard porch/garden/fence/thing. We've sung Greased Lightening and managed to hold off the "That's what she saids" until after the curtain call. We're almost as well-prepared as Jackie Chan... almost
I look back on past successes and I see the future. Why, all one has to do is watch the video to see that there's greatness here. We've made awesomeness a tradition. We're a gosh darn INSTITUTION, people! Tonight (This season), we are the greatest [kickball] team in the world (Cambridge Common... on Thursdays)!
Let's get pumped! It's kickball time, my friends!
The Team Your Team Could Smell Like
“[Kickball] is 90% mental. The other half is physical.” –Yogi Berra... if Yogi had played kickball...